July 4, 2012

Our 4th of July

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

What a glorious 4th of July it was! A lot of our family was out of town, so we had our own little shin-dig.

We had our own little BBQ, which was awesome. I'm such a sucker for the cute holiday items they have at stores. So when we went into Target last week, I had to snag the cute baskets and napkins for our party for two.

We also got little flags to wave around (and were only slightly obsessed), sang at a church patriotic gathering, and saw Spiderman! It was... amazing. And you simply must see it.

What better way to end the night with some bright fireworks! A guy in our neighborhood gets a bunch of them, so we got an incredible seat, right in our cul-de-sac. Plus, it was only 80 degrees out this year, which was heaven! This was also my first time taking real pictures of the fireworks with my camera and tripod. Let me tell ya, it was super easy and a total blast!
I'm so grateful for our wonderful country and for this great day to celebrate it. Happy fourth!

10 comments:

Katie Ann said...

It's always nice to watch other people's fireworks, especially if they live so close! And 80 degrees? My goodness girl, I am so jealous! I live in Seattle, and we've maybe had three sunny days this entire summer. MAYBE! That said, I'd gladly take 80 degrees any day!

Take care,
Katie

The Bookness said...

Happy 4th of July!! =)

Ashley said...

Your fireworks pictures are awesome! I need a better camera...maybe for Christmas, I am hoping. :) I also love the dollar section at Target for picking up cheap holiday decor! We had our own celebration, too, since we couldn't go out of town to visit family because we had to be back at work today. Boo! But it was fun seeing our town's fireworks for once!

jorjiapeach said...

don't you just love fireworks?? so magical.

Laurie said...

i absolutely love the dollar section at target too! it is dangerous.

your fireworks pictures turned out great! what camera setting did you use?

laurie
www.love-laurie.com

Agnes of {anna+agnes} said...

kudos on those firework pictures! mine came out looking like a bunch of glowing blobs.

I am also a sucker for those little holiday things target puts in the dollar bins. They know how to get us don't they?

Chelsea said...

That first picture is SO fabulous. They all are, but that one is just !!!

Alexis Kaye said...

YAY looks like you had a great holiday! :) And I am dying to get me some saltwater flats!

Autumn said...

sounds like a wonderful fourth! also, those sandals are so cute :)

Rolled Up Pretty said...

I LOVE all of your 4th pictures, and you DID get such cute holiday stuff! Looks like you had a blast! Nothing is better than a BBQ!