March 25, 2012

Hunger Gamessss

My husband is too good to me. He probably spoils me way too much for my own good.

I'm saying this because... we went to the Hunger Games twice. Yep. We're crazy people. But you know what? I truly loved it. Both times. There have been a lot of reviews going around, but I thought it was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed and agreed with this review (#braidtouch !!).

The movie was different than the book in certain aspects, but I still liked them both. Just for different reasons.

There was one thing, however, that I didn't like about our Hunger Games movie experience. And that, my friends was the crazy ten-year-old girls who sat behind us at BOTH showings. The first group of girls were obnoxious for the two hours before the midnight showing. They even went so far as to perform not one, but 2 skits for the entire theater. Kids these days. Once the movie started, though, they were silenced by it's greatness :).

If only the same could be said by the second group of gals. They were giddy and crazy screaming before the movie started, but I thought their mom, who was there with them, would keep them in line once it started. Or that the anticipation of seeing a great movie for the first time would keep them quiet and focused. But oh no. I am so amazed with people! I mean, I had to pay a good $22 ish dollars to come and see this. I'd kind of like to see it without your sobbing, loud crying, screaming, gasps, and audibly pointing out differences between book and movie. And I thought that wasn't too much to ask, considering it wasn't the midnight showing. Usually that weeds out the crazy screaming fans.

Apparently not.

We had a great time, despite them, though! And at least we got to fully take in the glory of the film at the midnight showing. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our snacks of choice (instead of popcorn for approximately a million dollars a bag).

For those of you who have seen it, how did you like it?!
Also, come on over here if you'd like to ad swap in April!

10 comments:

Gentri said...

LOVED IT TOO! But I had the same problem (and I've only seen it once so that's the only experience I've had w it) except mine was a grown man who wouldn't stop moving, talking, breathing (not kidding- his breathing was so loud), and the kid that kept kicking my seat even after I turned around to let him know I was there and didn't appreciate it. GR!

Ashley said...

I LOVED IT! We read THG in my Adolescent Lit class in grad school, and the class liked it sooo much (over half were writing their final papers on THG), that our prof changed the last book in the class to Catching Fire instead! (Mockingjay wouldn't be released for several more months.)

There were a few things I didn't like about it--for example, I would have liked to have seen more of District 12 and less of the Gamemakers making the game (though that WAS interesting)...and I would have liked to see more food and how important it was to them, the issue of the tesserae, etc. (I mean, it is called The HUNGER Games after all--and that is what I wrote my paper on for that lit class. *tehe*)

Anyway, I thought it was faithful to the book and incorporated enough of the director's, actors', etc. vision to have its own flair. I would LOVE to see it again in theaters, and I think the second one will be even better since expectations will be even higher, and they will have more to work with. Kinda like how HP got better and better...and it's not like THG "burned the Burrow" on it's first go, you know? There were no crazy revisions that came out of no where for no reason except dramatic flair. For example, I actually liked Katniss getting the pin at the market and giving it to pin rather than getting it from the mayor's daughter.

Sorry to ramble on and on...I am always rather passionate about books I love being turned into movies! I think you can relate... ;)

P.S. We snuck Sonic hotdogs in, along with our own candy and drinks. (I don't know if you guys have Sonic out west...) But we bought popcorn there. Considering you can get a bag of popcorn kernels for a $1-2 and the syrup for fountain machines is cheap, we felt the price inflation for that bucket covered the popcorn we bought along with the drinks and snacks we snuck in. *lol*

Brittney - The Luycx's said...

I loved it! We were out of town for the weekend & we found an imax to watch it at...we watched it at 9:00 in the morning and that pretty much weeded out the crazies. I have little tolerance so they probably would have gotten yelled at. lol

Bailey@Lost&Found said...

What a sweet hubby you have!! I couldn't drag my fiance to see it with me to save my life...ok, maybe to save my life, LOL. I'm so happy it was good! I can't wait to see it!

xo
Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

Alyx said...

Ugh. I would've punched those girls in the face!! Hahaha, but at least you got to see the amazing movie TWICE! I so want to go see it again - I loved it so much!
And... this post made me want some goldfish!

Emma Frances said...

I can't believe how obnoxious people can be during movies! I'm glad that first group of girls was quiet for the movie at least! And yummy snacks! I always end up getting the popcorn! I can't resist! But we always pack our own snacks as well!

Joyful Wife, Joiful Life said...

Hello, I'm Joi! Im new to your blog and I really like it. It's very refreshing:) I am your newest follower:))

-Joi
http://joyful-wife-joiful-life.blogspot.com/

Beth Ridings said...

honestly, who ever buys popcorn! i cannot afford that! we have a target right by our theater & we load up on candy & throw everything into my purse. that is the way to do it!

eryka {from abcde} said...

Love your peeta shirt!!!! :)

Kassie Nichole said...

This is so funny [it a weird way] b/c I had to deal with noisey pre-teens also!! I will say I really liked the movie, but I didn't love it. I wanted...more. I'm not sure what exactly, but just more. I think I wanted more detail during the actual games part, felt a bit rushed to me. But that's not to say I didn't enjoy the movie, I did! (Except for having to give the "mom look" to the obnoxious kids behind me of course! Lol). And just cause I think you will appreciate it as a fellow fan - we did a whole date night themed around it, lol...tons of fun. :P