January 26, 2012

Goals: January Update

Photobucket
Goal update!! What else are blogs for than to make you accountable for goals you set?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Recipe: Old-Fashioned Birthday Cake and Spinach and Cheese Strata
Review:
The birthday cake was pretty time-consuming, but a lot of fun! I wasn't a big fan of the cake recipe, it was dry and didn't have a lot of flavor. I think I want to try a lemon or strawberry cake next time. But the frosting was fun! And I don't think I messed up during the recipe. It turned out!
As for the strata, I wasn't a fan. Scott seemed to enjoy it, though. So I can't really recommend it or tell you not to make it. It's one of those things you might have to try for yourself!

Photobucket

Book: Divergent
Completed? Not quite yet, but there are still a few more days in the month!

Sewing Project: Rag Quilt
Thoughts: This was my first rag quilt and I spent all day making it. Then, I had some issues. It turns out, I had my stitches set to be way too small and close together. That would be why I broke 2 sewing needles. Ha ha, it's a good thing I have a resolution to sew something once a month, because wow! I sure need the practice. Anyway, after sitting in the back corner for a month, I finally brought the blanket up to my mom's house and she helped me patch up the holes. It looks fantastic! I'm so glad to be done with it.

Fitness/Health: Juicing and Jilian.
Thoughts: We started off really well. We juiced and exercised for about 2 weeks straight (with some resting break days for our muscles, of course). The week after that was a struggle. We were burnt out and didn't want anything to do with that crazy Jilian. But the past few days we have been slowly coming back. We're busting our butts with the Ripped in 30 dvd and are juicing our produce that is about to go bad. It's been tough, but we're still going!

Photobucket

Handwritten letter? check! Dearest Megan, this is for you! Your package was mailed and is on its way. I'm so sorry it has taken so long to get it sent!

Thank you for bearing with me, if you stuck around to read this lengthy thing. I may not do a monthly huge update like this during the year, but I'll at least give some snippets to show that I really am working on these resolutions!

How are your New Year's Resolutions going?

5 comments:

Alyx said...

Looks like you're doing pretty well! And that cake at least looks delicious, even if it wasn't the best. Cuz, ya know, looks are everything.

Total sarcasm.

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Oh my gosh, that strata and cake look amazing. Honestly I salivating now, ha! YUM!!! Thanks so much for your nice comment on our baby news Kaycie! You are super nice! Also, what the heck, I wasn't following you, I swear I was. I am now!!! :)

Holly said...

I love the glittery cake! Way too cute! :)

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

Oh my goodness, WELL DONE! You've made so much progress. Mine are going well. I've got different goals for different months. January was great. Feb is a no shopping month - that'll be interesting! I can't wait to see how you do throughout the year.

(My goals are here: http://vanishaslife.blogspot.com/search/label/Goals)

Laurie said...

love the edible stars on top of your cake!