December 7, 2011

Awkward Get to Know You Game

Do you remember that dreaded first day of school when you had to share 3 random facts about yourself? Vomit. "Hi people I've never met, here are three awkward facts about myself that I only had one minute to think about. Let's be friends." Or even worse, unique facts about yourself. "Um, I have red hair?" That's really the only unique thing I have going for me. And it's just a tad obvious.

ANYWAY. I found these fun questions over on Caitlin's blog, and thought it would be fun (and hopefully not awkward) to play along!

Photobucket

1. What's a nickname only your family calls you?
My dad calls me "Gardner", or "Kaycie Gardner". My great-grandmother's last name (on my dad's side) was Gardner. And my dad has wanted me to change that to be my middle name because he likes the sound of it. Haha, I don't know.

2. What's a weird habit of yours?
I can't think of a habit off the top of my head. So here's a weird fact: sometimes, when I go into a scary, empty public restroom, I'm afraid someone is going to murder me. And what worse time than when you're in a bathroom and totally vulnerable?! I know, I'm kinda crazy.

3. What's a song you secretly LOVE to blast & belt out when you're alone?
Lately, "Moves Like Jagger". It has that beat, you know? But any day, anything Broadway!

4. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
People who don't listen. When I'm talking about something important, I need your full attention.

5. What's one of your nervous habits?
My hands and body start to shake.

6. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
The left, next to the wall. Usually I would insist sleeping on the edge of the pillow and bed, but I'm also paranoid about scary people breaking into the house. So I make Scott sleep nearest to the door to protect me. Don't worry, he's okay with it. :)

7. What was your first stuffed animal & it's name?
One of the first I can remember was a pretty teddy bear from my BFF at the time, McKenna (Gentri's sister, actually). The bear's fur was the same color as my hair and I named her Ginger.

8. What's the drink you ALWAYS order at Starbucks?
I can honestly say that I've never even been to Starbucks! Crazy, I know. But their hot chocolate looks divine!

9. What's the beauty rule you preach.. but never ACTUALLY practice?
Well, once upon a time I preached to my blog that you shouldn't wear your towel a certain way when you get out of the shower. And I haven't worn it the "right way" in months. Oops!

10. Which way do you face in the shower?
I usually walk in circles to keep my whole body warm. Ha ha, that kinda sounds odd. Does anyone else do this?

11. Do you have any 'weird' body 'skills'?
Not really. Sorry!

12. What's your favorite 'comfort food'/food thats 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?
Does Dr. Pepper count? Totally addicted. As for actual "food", the list is much too long. If it's delicious and bad for you, then I probably like it. :)

13. What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I say "vomit" whenever something sounds, well, bad. And vomit-worthy. Ha ha. Gross, but one day I just said it and now it has stuck. Example: see first sentence or two of blog post.

14. Time to sleep - what are you wearing?
Jammies or undies. It depends!


Voila! Some factoids about the redhead. I hope you don't think I'm a total weirdo. :)

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Totally know what you mean about the shower thing - how else is a lady supposed to keep warm?

Emma Frances said...

I love this!! :) And I totally used to say vomit all the time too! I'll probably pick it up again now! Also, I remember reading about your beauty rule and I do it about half the time now! Haha.

Shannon said...

Very fun! Such cute answers. :)

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love how you introduced this...great answers!!

Amber said...

I remember that silly game where you had to state your name and adjective that described you that also started with the first letter of your first name. I was always ambitious amber. So lame. (Ps vomit worthy is something I say all the time!)

Autumn said...

Yeah, I do the turning in circle things in shower too to stay warm :)

Ly said...

I totally understand number 2. I'm the same way. I hate being alone in a space...ugh.

-Ly
http://www.lyzhang.com

Natasha Louise said...

Totally get you about the shower, I think thats why I dance in the shower sometimes and go round in circles haha!

Faith said...

This was fun to read! Nice getting to know you more ... but i giggled at the part of you turning in circles in the shower. everything else, like being afraid in a public bedroom that someone is going to murder you is perfectly normal. i think it too, haha.

Katie Ann said...

Hey thanks so much for stopping by my little blog- for your sweet comment and following :) And now I'm following you, because your blog is pretty great too. :)

Nina said...

CUTE!! and that photos is even CUTER!:) hope you can check out my blog for some+vibes and inspiration! I am also hosting a rad giveaway, by Kei Jewelery (worn by Kourtney Kardashian, Courtney Cox + VAnessa Hudgens)~

Alexis Kaye said...

you have GOT to be kidding me! SERIOUSLY?!?! I totally have that fear about the restroom too! Only I have it playing in my head where the person is standing on the toilet in the stall next to me and they shoot me!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha I've been meaning to blog about it to see if anyone else is scared of it, but i forgot! Glad i'm not the only one! :)