August 1, 2011

Anya

Blogging friends, meet the newest member of our family, Anya:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(Photographing this little girl has been quite the challenge, but a very fun one.)

We are just ecstatic to have Anya. I've never really had a pet (unless you count fish and hamsters that bite... I don't). So she is kind of a dream come true for me. And Scott adores her.

We named her Anastasia, but we'll mostly call her Anya, for short. Do you SEE those beautiful blue eyes?! We like to say she got those from me along with her white fur (my white skin, haha) and Scott gave her the brown splotches. In some ways, it really will be similar to having our own baby. I'm super overprotective of her and paranoid that she'll get hurt or something. And she'll only be a kitten for so long. Then she'll have to grow up! It's going to be a glorious adventure.

Basically, we are in love with being sweet Anya's parents.

Happy Monday!

12 comments:

Joyful Sparrow said...

She's beautiful!!

Cindy said...

Anya is a lovely little kitten! :) raising her will be great! enjoy your week, Kaycie! :D

Kate as of Late said...

Ooo, it is exactly like having a human baby! I am the same way, I just got a new coffee table and I'm convinced they're going to fall and crack their heads open on it (pretty sure I've heard every mom say that at some point)
She is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Those eyes!!! Ahh! What a beautiful addition to your wonderful family!! Enjoy the kitten in her, you're right when you say it doesn't last forever!!

Autumn said...

Such a pretty cat! Have fun with your kitty :)

L0veLindsey said...

Awwww so cute!! She looks similar to my old cat Harley.. she was a brat though, because she was Siamese!

By the way, I'm giving away a piece of jewelry of your choosing from Towne & Reese! What woman doesn't love free jewelry, right!? Head over to www.l0velindsey.com to enter!

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

I am so jealous, we wanted a kitty but the apt wouldn't let us have one :)

Anya is a perfect name, now I want to go watch the movie! Yay and congrats on the newest member of your family!

Stesha said...

I havnt stopped by in a while, just wanted to say hi!! cute little kitty!!!

xxoo

Classic & Bubbly

Ashley said...

Congrats on your fur baby! We are getting a second one, a girl, in October, and I am totally stressing over how Hobie will react to a baby sister and if this will mess up our dynamic. They are just like our children!!

Elysie Piecie said...

I love that you named her Anya! So cute! Have fun with your fur baby :D

Kell said...

How cute! She is adorable. I want a kitty so bad!

Nnenna said...

Anya is so pretty and that is a very lovely name too! ;)

star-crossed smile

Cherie said...

Fellow redhead who just found your blog. =)

Lemme just say.. CUTE KITTY! I WANT!

I have a kitty who is part Siamese (or Snowshoe Siamese, I'm not sure). They're sweeties! Cuddle yours for me. :)

Cherie @ Refractions