June 14, 2011

Goalsies

I felt like I was being really boring if I had just called the post "Goals"...

I think one of the reasons I got into blogging is because so many blogs I read inspire me. Today there were several that got me motivated:

First, was the infamous Busy Bee Lauren.


















(source)

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite pictures of them. I LOVE her red lipstick and whole outfit.

Hers was probably the first major blog I read. I didn't realize it was possible to get so big! Lauren has inspired me to find what I love to do and to run with it! I've been trying a lot of new things like photography and branching out with my choices of clothing. I've also been so impressed with her recent journey in eating raw. I don't think I could do that one yet, but it has helped her immensely. Lauren is hilarious, gorgeous, and a great example to me.

And because it's summer, I've especially loved reading her post about exploring her state this summer. I live in Las Vegas... so there aren't a ton of local shops or places I can go to. Most of the exciting stuff is on the strip (of course we keep it clean, though) and is expensive. But I've been doing my research and we're going to try out a few things this summer! Of of which is the zoo, which I haven't been to in forever!


Second, was the yesterday's fitness post over at The Shine Project. In addition to wanting to eat more healthy because of Lauren's food journey, Ashley at The Shine Project has encouraged us all to eat better foods and to exercise. Her blog has made me think that we all know that we should do these things, but we often need reminders of why it's so important and also we need to work together to accomplish those goals. I LOVE what she's doing!


















(source)

Um, isn't she stinking gorgeous, too?!


So. Goals. Here they are:

Goal #1- Exercise 3X per week.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't already exercise a lot. I want to make it a habit and regular part of my week. I've been hearing some good reviews on this video, so maybe we'll check that out. If anyone else has a good workout DVD, let me know! And in addition to this goal, I'll be eating more fruits and veggies and just trying to be better about my food choices.


Goal #2- Blog 2 or more times a week.
I've been realizing more and more that blogging is going to be a really good thing for me.

I'm pretty shy in person. I'll kind of go with the flow and agree with everyone, even if I really don't agree. I don't want to inconvenience people. If everyone wants to watch this movie and I'm the only one who doesn't, why would I want to protest? It probably doesn't make sense to some. "You're going to be tortured by watching that movie for 2 hours, just speak up!" or "No one will care that much if you watch something else." While those things are true, the majority of the time I'd rather 'hurt' myself for the benefit of others. And there's probably some 'avoid-confrontation-at-all-costs' in there somewhere, too. And it's taken it's toll on me throughout the years. But I have a very blue personality, so that's how it's been my whole life. I worry about others before myself.

This blog is helping me to feel more confident about my opinions. I feel safe here expressing them. And I think the longer I do that, the more it will help me when I get into real life situations. Yay!

So even if I never have a bunch of followers or get very successful here with this blog thang, I'll still be so glad that it helped make me a better person!


Ha, I guess that's all right now. But it's better that I conquer these goals, then make more! Well, thanks for reading :)


























Have a great Tuesday!!

9 comments:

Gentri said...

Speaking of getting more into blogging, did you see the award I gave you the other day???

Señorita said...

These are pretty much my goals too!! I think the second goal is more difficult to keep then the first...

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

Señorita said...

These are pretty much my goals too!! I think the second goal is more difficult to keep then the first...

http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

Sara Shoemaker said...

you are too cute! love your blog dear. those are good goalsies-I need to make some of my own!

House of Shoes

Chelsea said...

Those are some good goals!

I love BBL. Her blog is so fantastic. She's definitely inspired me, too!

You are such a pretty little pretty. Your blog is a good one, girl!

~Chelsea

Danielle Barbe said...

you have a beautiful blog. go for it! i'm in dire need of a goalsies list too!

Stephanie said...

Great goals! I should join you in the working out goal. I used to be so good but I've really slacked off lately...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! If you try out the pizza recipe, let me know what toppings you go with. I'm always looking for ways to spice things up! :)

Koltunovskaya said...

Like your hair accessory!

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

Glad I stumbled upon your blog and what wonderful goals you have! Busy Bee Lauren and the Shine Project are 2 of my favorites as well and I think it is wonderful that we can gather inspiration from others other there!

Liesl :)