June 24, 2011

{Ginger Coupon Ninja} Friday: Groupon 101

By request, I've decided to dedicate one day a week to couponing. This could include tips, answered questions, or my latest haul.

Just an FYI- Scott came up with my nickname. And I like it. The Ginger Coupon Ninja strikes again! Haha I should get a ninja outfit and everything :)

Because this is week one, I'll start off my introducing you to Groupon.com. It's an amazing website that posts deals to nearby places. You'll sign up, enter in your city, and every day they'll give you a new deal in town. I don't jump on these all the time- maybe once a month. Maybe.




But a couple weeks ago, I saw one for Old Navy. It was $10 for $20 worth of clothes. Because I had just signed up, they gave me a free $10 credit. So this groupon was free! Score! A few weeks later, the Old Navy groupon was back. So I bought it because it was a good deal and then had $40 to spend at Old Navy and only spent $10 out of pocket! SWEET! It gets better.

Scott is always in need of some new clothes, so what better time to go shopping for him than during Old Navy's father's day sale?! Everything was marked down a bunch! We brought home 3 shirts and a pair of shorts for $13.89.

Guess what it would have been minus the sale and groupons. $77.81. That's 81% savings, baby!

Pretty exciting, isn't it?! I was on what I call a "coupon high" for the rest of the night.

It takes a bit of work to get into the swing of things, but soon you'll be saving all over the place!

The other night we went to Blockbuster to rent a movie. But they had a little sale going on for old movies. All for 99 cents. We dug through all the bins and got these gems:


Photobucket


i honestly hadn't seen any of them, just for the record. But $7 for 7 movies?! you bet I'll buy them! That's cheaper than 2 new movie rentals, kids! Snagged.

By the way, I'm addicted to Chuck. I need to get caught up before season 5 in the fall.

500 days of summer was a little adult, but I loved the story. "This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story." It's so different and I love it!

Anyway, if you have questions about coupons, let me know! Let me know if you think you'll like learning about saving money!

Happy saving!


P.S. While I'm on the coupon/saving idea, let me tell you something. If you like Panda Express, then check out the page for Panda Express on FB for a coupon for a free orange chicken entree tonight after 9PM!! Getting excited to coupon yet? :)

7 comments:

Sara @ Struggling Happiness said...

I love groupon! Citydeals.com is another good one!

Stesha said...

groupon is the BEST!! i use it all the time. Also there can be multiple a day if you go to the actual site :) have a happy friday!
xxoo

Classic & Bubbly

Autumn said...

I really really want Panda Express now. However, I just cooked spaghetti squash. Fail.

Rachel said...

I Love Old Navy, you can get the best deals there!! The clearance section? Amazing. Groupon is the best!!

.Candy. said...

I loved 500 days too! It's not your typical rom-com andbthe soundtrack rocks!

XX

http://intoxicatedchameleon.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

Wha? I totally love this. Especially the Old Navy one. You are good, girl. Real good.

Thanks for the information! I love that you did this.

~Chelsea

Courtney B said...

I LOVE that you're going to post this!!
I really really REALLY want to be better at couponing and snagging amazing deals so I can't wait to read what you have next!